For employers and employees alike, the EEOC (U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) has established a page where they have consolidated information relevant to the coronavirus and COVID-19:
- EEOC’s instructions regarding the processing of federal sector EEO complaints
- Statement about national origin and race discrimination in the workplace during the pandemic
- Continued enforcement of the nation’s employment non-discrimination laws
- Q and A regarding COVID-19 and the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act and other EEO laws
- Guidance in the document “Pandemic Preparedness in the Workplace and the Americans with Disabilities Act”
- A webinar (and transcript) addressing questions that have arisen under the Federal Equal Opportunity Laws and the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have questions about these guidelines – either as an employer or employee – we can help. With over 25 years of experience serving small businesses and mid-size corporations, and as a small employer ourselves, Sanford, Pierson, Thone & Strean can help you navigate the rapidly changing employment environment resulting from COVID-19.